Sensory Academic Solutions offers occupational therapy services that promote improved skills in sensory integration and processing, self-regulation, bilateral integration, motor planning, balance, visual motor and visual perceptual skills, reflex integration, and body awareness. These form the foundation necessary for fine motor skills, handwriting, self-awareness, and monitoring of behavior, attention, and focus, and coordination.
Our therapists are trained to provide skilled intervention to children ages 2 to 18 with disorders that affect the development of motor, behavioral and executive function skills.
We treat individuals diagnosed with:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Post-traumatic brain injury symptoms
- Sensory Integration Dysfunction/Sensory Processing Disorders
- Development Delay and Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Trisomy 18
- Feeding Difficulties
- Oral Motor Dysfunction
Our therapists are proud to offer these special services:
- Sensory integration therapy
- Consultation and home program development to provide practical ideas and adaptations for success at home.
- Sensory Integration and Praxis Test: Certified to administer
- Wilbarger Protocol for sensory defensiveness and regulation
- Listening therapy including Samonas Sound Therapy and Therapeutic Listening
- Educational Kinesthetics (Brain Gym)
- Handwriting using the Straight Lines and Curves Program, addressing issues such as hand coordination and the functional adaptation of materials.